Monday, June 22, 2009

Fry that Frenchie!

Fries accompanied with buttermilk dressing, cajun seasoned mayo, and Heinz ketchup.
Bin 38

I love fries. Fries, pomme frites, papas fritas, whatever you want to tag them. Despite the simplicity of french fries, conceptually, you never have them done the same from two different places. Or I suppose that I should say that despite different places executing them in the same fashion, they probably won't ever taste exactly alike...despite their simplicity. The texture, the bite, the moment when teeth crunch down and combustion of oil, hot potato grain, salt, savoriness, and the audible crispy mashing sound all serve in just a sensual harmony of taste. There's also so many tweaks that can be implemented in the execution of a good french fry. I can find appreciation for pretty much any of them. And I'm fairly certain that most people can. Finely diced garlic, cajun seasoning, incorporating various oils, animal fat, sweet potato, multiple aiolis and dipping sauces, mustard and ketchup, etc. You name it, I'll eat it. I can't help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment